DIARY NOTE – MSF Scientific Days
Friday, May 12, 2017 —
What: A two-day conference organised by Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
When: Friday 19th and Saturday 20th May 2017, 9.30 – 17.45
Where: The Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE and live-streamed online.
- 19th May presents findings and medical data from MSF projects, including sessions on responses to major conflicts in Yemen and northern Nigeria, and treating Syrian refugees in Jordan
- 20th May demonstrates the latest solutions and technologies developed by MSF to help deliver medical aid to people in need, including a smartphone app to predict outbreaks of disease in Central African Republic
Further session highlights include:
- ‘SmartPPE’ – new personal protective equipment to keep health workers treating infectious diseases like Ebola cooler and safer
- A new mid upper arm circumference (MUAC) strip to screen more accurately for malnutrition in adults as well as children
- Storing insulin outside the fridge – an update two years on from the start of a project in Dagahaley refugee camp, Kenya
- How can we provide the best care for HIV patients living in conflict zones?
For the full conference agenda please see the MSF website here. To arrange a free press pass or for more information contact:
Press Officer, MSF UK
T: +44 207 067 4265 | M: +44 7587 553 543